Akın Group

Yazı Boyutu

AKIN HOLDİNG A.Ş.

In order to take rapid decisions in accordance with changing conditions, Akın Holding was founded in mid-1980s by assembling all companies affiliated with Akın Group. In 1986, Tekstilbank A.Ş was founded by Akın Group standing as the leader and reputable company in domestic textiles industry under the ownership of deceased Rüştü AKIN, a doyen of Turkish textiles industry. The share of Akın Group in this bank has decreased to nominal levels following the share transfer in 2001 and Akın Faktoring Hizmetleri A.Ş. has become the major finance company within Akın Group.

 

AKIN TEKSTİL A.Ş.  

Founded by Rüştü AKIN and Haydar AKIN brothers in 1956, Akın Tekstil A.Ş played significant roles in the development of Turkish textiles industry. 81% of company shares is hold by Haydar AKIN, Akın Holding A.Ş. and AKIN Family. The remaining shares corresponding to 19% are traded in Istanbul Stock Exchange. Since 1996, Akın Tekstil A.Ş operates in weaving, yarn, dyeing, finishing and garment processes in its Bakırköy facility and Kırklareli-Lüleburgaz facility with the total area of 400.000 square meters generating electricity through co-generation technology. The Company maintains its integrated structure for many years. The production process starts with artificial/natural yarn manufacturing and ends with the finished product derived from relevant raw material. The company’s products are certified with ÖKO-TEX and ISO9001.

 

EDİP GAYRIMENKUL YATIRIM SAN.VE TİC.A.Ş. (Refers to the changed commercial title of EDİP İPLİK SAN. VE TİC.A.Ş.)

Founded in 1971 and went public in 1990, Edip İplik is ranked among the leading natural and artificial yarn manufacturers in Turkey. The company has purchased the area of 288.000 square meters in Lüleburgaz District by 1998 in order to establish a new facility. This facility is enhanced in Lüleburgaz until 2005. Upon the cease of textile production by the end of 2008, the company’s commercial title was changed to Edip Gayrımenkul Yatırım San.ve Tic. A.Ş. due to involving in real estate development operations.

Located on a closed area of 234.000 square meters belonging to a previous plant with an outdoor area of 55.550 square meters owned by Edip İplik A.Ş, 212istanBUL Mall was opened in 2009. In this location, My Office 212 Project was also initiated for 503 residences on a closed area of 86.000 square meters. As of 31/12/2010, 34.85% of company shares is traded in Istanbul Stock Exchange.

 

EDPA USA, INC.

 

In 1984, the company was founded by EDPA Marketing with the purpose to increase exports to USA market.

 

 

EDPA TEKSTİL TİCARET A.Ş.

 

Founded in 1993 with the purpose to act as the distributor and the Turkish branch of EDPA USA.  

 

 

EDPA KİMYA SAN. VE TİC. A.Ş.

 

Founded in 1986 to trade textile dyes, the company maintains private agreements with numerous agencies.  

 

AKTEK GİYİM SAN. VE TİC. A.Ş.

 Founded in 1995 by the partnership between Akın Tekstil, Akın Holding, Haydar AKIN and AKIN Family, Akın Tekstil A.Ş operates to market its products and the goods of other businesses.

 

MİG MİMARLIK İNŞAAT GELİŞTİRME TURİZM VE TİC. A.Ş.

 

The company was founded in 1998. The company has completed a beachside resort project titled “Kaya Köy” including forty residences on its land located in Bodrum.

 

RÜŞTÜ AKIN FOUNDATIO

The Foundation was founded in June 1986 by the members of Rüştü AKIN, Nuri AKIN, Ragıp AKIN and Safure Füsun YÖNDER with the purpose to contribute to the development of Turkish people by providing required services in education, healthcare, public works and social areas. Since its foundation, the foundation keeps supporting successful students through scholarships and awards and managing educational facilities consisting of nursery and dormitories. The foundation also provides humanitarian aid for disaster areas.

 

Our educational institutions representing the names of our family members are introduced to the education arena under the leadership of Rüştü Akın Foundation and the financial support of Akın Holding companies and family members. The stated institutions are as follows:

 

Rüştü Akın Anatolian Vocational High School

Ege University Emel Akın Vocational School

Nişantaşı Nuri Akın Anatolian High School

Ragıp Akın Elementary School

Füsun Yönder Anatolian High School

Buldan Akın Anatolian Teacher Training High School

Sports Hall of Buldan Akın Anatolian Teacher Tarining High School